Aug 14, 2015

The Next Phase

Those faced with every day tasks such as going to school, working, errands, taking care of families, etc, do not always have the opportunity to reflect. As a Lyme patient, I find myself reflecting every day. Some days, the aching in my muscles is an impolite expression of how far I still have to go in this journey. The often barren state of my mind when looking at the text of a book is a reminder of what I've lost. Other days, the veil of lethargy and fatigue is lifted by sparks of vitality.

Recently, complacency is a returning feeling I've been experiencing. I've been doing Intravenous Antibiotic Therapy for seven months now. I've grown somewhat content with the current state of my health. I found myself saying things like  "Oops, I missed a dose of my meds today, oh well.." and "I could function like this for the rest of my life, I guess." The desire to push my health to its best has been slipping. This all had me thinking, maybe my body is telling me something is wrong. Intuitively I felt like I wasn't in a good place. I connected this back with the treatment I've been doing. Antibiotics, especially intravenously, are extremely hard on your body. It not only kills the bad bacteria, but it also robs you of good bacteria in your stomach. Overall, I've been feeling depleted. It's hard to say if some of these physical and emotional feelings come from the disease itself, or if some of it is a side effect of antibiotics. During my fifth month of treatment I did see some improvement, which tells me that antibiotics were what I needed at one point. After feeling like I've hit a plateau, I decided that it's time for the next phase.

I want to try something new, and something I've never done before. The holistic/natural approach to treating always interested me. I started doing some research, and I came across The Cowden Protocol by Dr. Lee Cowden. The Cowden Support Program uses 13 different herbal drops taken rotationally during the course of six months. All of these 13 products have different uses, which are mainly microbial defense, detoxing, and cleansing. After reading about other peoples experiences, studies and different statistic improvement/success rates, I resolved that this is what I want to do. I shared this information with my doctor. He told me, like anything else with lyme treatment, it could work but won't know until you try.

A large aspect that pushed me towards shifting my treatment were the finances. I was awarded an extremely generous grant back in May, from the LymeLight Foundation. This greatly helped me afford eleven weeks of treatment. I had hoped that money would last me until I reached remission, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. IV's are one of, if not the most, expensive means of treatment. Since I wasn't feeling much relief anymore, the cost and hassle were no longer outweighed by the benefit.

I am excited to have a new, clean start. I'm even more excited that next week I am getting my Hickman Catheter removed from my chest! I could write an entire post about what it's like to live with a port in your chest every single day for seven months, though I'm not sure how enjoyable that would be for anyone.
I believe that going into a new treatment with a positive attitude is the first step towards success. Day by day, and piece by piece, I'm learning how to be more in touch with my body and to really listen to what it's telling me. I'm proud of my decision and can't wait to get started!

Some pictures from the past couple months:

 First dose of Merrem and a weekly dressing change at my doctors office

                                 










                                                       
                           

                 







My dog Ziggy always makes me feel better after infusing





Glutathione Push

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anxiety Disorders, Back Pain, Crohn's Disease, Chronic renal failure, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease, back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia disease, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete